Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chapter 2: Respect, Liking, Trust and Fairness

The part of this chapter that jumped out to me the most is the part that state whether or not a teacher should like students. All that really matters is that everyone is treated fairly, it does not really matter how much a teacher likes a student.

I always thought teachers were mandated to like all the students, this is not necessarily the case. It is very important that students feel like they are being treated just as well as all of the other students. On the other hand though as long as a teacher does not cue off whether or not a teacher likes or dislikes students more or less it does not matter. The most important thing in teaching is as long as all students are treated fairly. I like this idea I know that I can be friends with most people but up to now it has scared me that I am going to dislike a student, as long as I do not treat them differently it does not matter.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflections--nice thinking. 3/4 due to mechanics of writing:
    1. "is the part that state" should be "is the part that states"
    2. This sentence is a run-on sentence. I'm also not sure what "cue off" means: "On the other hand though as long as a teacher does not cue off whether or not a teacher likes or dislikes students more or less it does not matter."
    3. This is not a complete sentence: "The most important thing in teaching is as long as all students are treated fairly."
    4. The punctuation in this collection of thoughts is not good: "I like this idea I know that I can be friends with most people but up to now it has scared me that I am going to dislike a student, as long as I do not treat them differently it does not matter." Try this: "I like this idea. I know that I can be friends with most people, but up to now it has scared me that I am going to dislike a student. As long as I do not treat one student differently from the others, it does not matter.

    ReplyDelete