Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chapter 4: Creating a Culture of Success

The part of this chapter that stuck out to me the most is the part that states that we should not compare other students to each other. This creates a competition that should never actually exist since all people learn at different rates and will learn different things from even one lesson. We should give all students an equal chance to succeed not just the ones who we think are learning the material the best.

I think that I could actually bring this into my class. At the begging of the year I will give them a "test" in which will be their average. If a student does better than their average than they will receive an A or a B. The opposite is also true if they do not live up to their average they will receive a D or a F. This would make it so that it is impossible for me to actually judge the students to anyone but to themselves. This will make it easier for the students to better because instead of beating the smartest student in the class all they have to do is beat their own score.

No comments:

Post a Comment