Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chapter 9: When Things Go Wrong

The thing that stuck out the most in this chapter is the fact you can not judge how successful of a teacher you are by how well the students like you. I have always judged success on whether the product I presented was liked, whether it is myself or anything else I do in life. To take a step back and not be the front burner will be difficult but it is not impossible.

My high school teacher use to tell me that you will not a be a good teacher till at least five years in. It will be when you realize that you are not the point of interest, it is the stuff that you are learning is the point of interest of students. A student should not be going into a class saying yay, Mr. Freeman is the teacher. They should be going into the class saying yay, we are going to learn more about geometry. I feel this is going to be very difficult for me but, I know in the end I will be able to do this, I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment