Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Copyright and Fair Use SR

On number seven I learned that it is legal for teachers to put up items on the web that are copyrighted as long as they are behind a password. I did not know this I always thought it was totally against the law to put anything back up on the web even if it is behind a password.

On number fourteen, I thought it was allowed for kids to watch a movie in the domain of a school. I did not know that it has to be part of the school's cirriculum and it must also happen within a closed classroom.

On number nine, I did not know it was allowed for teachers to use music in the classroom and in their cirrculum that they obtained off of the internet. Now thinking about it though as long as it is obtained in a legal manor, fair use laws allow teachers to use it in a closed classroom.

On number fifteen, I always thought the law allowed students to be able to watch any movie clip in class as long as it is for an educational purpose.

On number one, I am glad that it is allowed for teachers to make back up of their CD's on their computer in case of an accident. It is good to know that we are at least allowed to protect ourselves from the possible consequences of a student.

On number twenty, I thought it was completely legal for school's to reproduce students works and allow it to be distributed. I also thought it was legal not to make a profit off of this, rather a breaking even point so the school does not lose money.

On number seventeen, I thought that it was against the law for students to take pictures of businesses and post them on the internet. I thought that the business had to provide a written statement to the students telling them that they were allowed to do this.

On number eleven, I thought that it was illegal to alter the publication of another company. As long as it does not go out on the web though, and it does not lead to someone different becoming profitable off of the item, it is completely within the Fair Use Laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment