Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chapter 6: Motivation and Boredom

The part of this chapter that I believe is the most important is the fact that teachers should show interest when a student is showing interest in a subject. All settings can be used as a learning models for the students. If a student is learning something about their interests, if it is at all possible to include your interest would create a system in which the class is motivated in learning the subject.

I will be using this in my class in math, for example, if a lot of my students are into a certain sport being a Math teacher I will be able to use these as examples. This means that I can use real life examples that the students will be able to see and actually want to use what they have learned on the example. I actually used this during my three weeks in the classroom we had a large class of football players, we talked about how we could use a football field as a number line and that we were able to do what we were learning on it since the numbers are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment