Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chapter 8: Teaching Teenagers that are Still Learning English

The main idea I learned from this chapter is to not focus on the little grammetical mistakes that are made. Instead the teacher should make sure that the student is learning the main context of what you are teaching instead of focusing on the little picture, focus on the big one. A student needs not to be graded on the little things that in the end mean nothing, they need to know how to do the big thing.

In my own class I will never ask a student to make sure all of the smallest thing are correct. When correcting a test in math for example I will not care if the answer is right, that does not matter in the end. What really matter is that the student used the correct equation, if a student messes up in plugging numbers in that is very small. That is why I will always give more points for the work shown than the actual answer that is shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment